What Happens If You Get Hit By a Truck?
Semi-trucks are at the center of thousands of accidents each year, causing unimaginable pain and heartache for all those involved. While we all hope to never find out what happens if you get hit by a truck, it’s important to understand what would happen.
With roughly 500,000 truck accidents taking place across the United States each year, it’s essential to be prepared. Our team of Phoenix truck accident attorneys is breaking down the important info that you should know regarding truck accidents in Arizona and what to do in the event of a truck accident.
Arizona Truck Accident Statistics
Between 2010 and 2019, the United States has seen a 42% increase in fatal crashes involving large trucks. Serving as a gateway to California, Arizona receives thousands of trucks on its highways each year. Below are some of the most staggering statistics regarding truck accidents both in the United States and in Arizona:
- In 2018, 67% of all deaths from crashes involving large trucks around the United States were passengers in other vehicles.
- The number of total vehicle crashes in Arizona was 129,750 in 2019, up by 1.6% from the year before.
- Alcohol related crashes in 2019 accounted for approximately 25% of all fatal crashes that year.
- It takes roughly 40x longer for a large truck to come to a complete stop than it does for a car.
- Motor vehicle crashes resulted in a total economic loss of $18.442 billion USD to Arizona.
- In 2019, trucks and buses were involved in 12,894 of all accidents in Arizona.
- Of those accidents, there were 2,891 injuries and 92 fatalities.
What To Do If I’m Hit By a Truck in Arizona
Truck accidents are incredibly scary situations both for those involved and for their loved ones. If you are involved in a truck accident in Arizona, it’s important to go through each of the following steps:
- Report the accident to the authorities
- Remain at the scene of the accident
- Collect any relevant information, including the truck driver’s information and vehicle details
- Get the contact information of any witnesses
Seek medical attention, even if you don’t believe yourself to be injured
- Consult with an experienced truck accident attorney
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident due to the negligence of someone else, you may be entitled to legal compensation. By working with a skilled Phoenix truck accident attorney, you can rest assured that you have someone in your corner fighting for you to get the maximum allowable compensation. While a lawsuit won’t take back what happened, it can go a long way in helping to financially recover from the aftermath of a truck accident.
Truck Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, it’s important to seek out an experienced truck accident attorney to protect your rights and fight on your behalf. At The Law Office of Zayed Al-Sayyed, our award-winning team of lawyers utilizes an Aggressive Compassionate Representation strategy to aggressively fight for our clients and treat each unique case with compassion.
Contact us today for a free consultation and let’s discuss what we can do for you.
We never advise clients to call insurance company