Who is at Fault in a Rear-End Accident in Arizona?
Are you wondering who is at fault in a rear-end accident in Arizona? Most people would assume that it’s the fault of the driver in back. However, that’s not always the case. While the driver who did the rear-ending is often at fault, the situation is not always so black and white.
As Phoenix’s leading car accident attorneys, we have ample experience helping people navigate their car insurance claims (rear-end accidents included). Therefore, we can attest that either driver could be at fault in a rear-end collision.
Don’t lose compensation because you assume you’re at fault. Instead, keep reading to learn more about the facts surrounding rear-end accidents in Arizona.
What is a Rear-End Collision?
A rear-end accident is exactly what it sounds like. This type of accident occurs when a car fails to slow or stop in time and collides with the car in front of them. Speeding, stop-and-go traffic, distracted driving, and slippery roads are all common causes of rear-end collisions.
Can the Front Car Cause a Rear-End Collision?
Whenever the rear car slams into the front car, most people assume that the front car’s driver is not at fault. However, that’s not necessarily the case. Some rear-end collisions happen as a result of the front driver’s negligence. Here are some examples:
- The front driver suddenly stops (or stops short) in unexpected locations (like traffic lanes)
- The front driver suddenly brakes to make a turn
- The front driver changes lanes and pulls in front of a faster vehicle without signaling
- The driver backs into the front of a car (like in a parking lot or when they pull out too far in an intersection during a stoplight)
- The front car has non-working rear brake lights
- The front car breaks down and remains in an intersection without using its hazard lights or a flare to alert oncoming drivers
- The front driver is “brake checking” to ward off a tailgating driver
Determining Liability in Rear-End Accidents
So, who is at fault in a rear-end accident in Arizona? Well, it depends on the specific situation. Sometimes, the rear driver is at fault because they failed to stop in a timely manner or maintain a reasonably safe distance behind the front car.
Other times, the front driver was acting negligently. That’s why Arizona weighs the fault of both drivers when determining liability in an auto accident.
Best Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix
If you’re asking yourself who is at fault in a rear-end accident in Arizona, then the legal team at The Law Office of Zayed Al-Sayyed can help. As Phoenix’s finest car accident attorneys, we have helped countless people receive the compensation they deserve.
By employing our famous Aggressive Compassionate Representation, we are confident in our ability to win your compensation. Whether you were the rear or front driver in a rear-end accident, we will diligently fight on your behalf until justice is served.
Ready to get started? Contact our team for your free, no-obligation consultation today.